Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hold up! Let's do this again.

Do you remember on that Thursday evening last month when Grumpy turned the tables on me?
(Psst! You can read it here )

Well, I have been on the down low about the state of things with him because truth be told there was nothing mind boggling or eye-opening to share, and that's until now!

For starters, it was my off day and all I was doing was giving a detailed report of what has happened this week and it turns out that the man who always takes me to town on his bicycle was as high as a fiddle today! Yes, he was drunk and the bicycle kept making some MJ moves on the road that it scared me senseless.

So back to Mr. Grumpy- remember the line, "I'm serious about us Arch, what do you want me to do to prove it.Say it and I will do it?"

Twenty days later and my answer was "commit." It was simple, just one word and yet as I said it, I laughed not because it was funny but because I did not expect it of him. It made me think of all the things I have wanted to do but never done simply because I could not commit and follow through on them. It was a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black, and instead of being embarrassed about it or wearing the 'look of shame' all I did was laugh.

​So here's the question: have you ever gotten to a point in your life where you wanted to hit the re-do button?

I know there are moments when the undo button is most desired, but cast those aside for a moment and think of three or better yet five moments in your life where if you could have some remote control you could simply hit repeat. I had that today because I finally had an answer for Mr. Grumpy but it's not so much as telling him, but having him prove me wrong that made me want to hit the re-do button.
So, there I was expecting that he'd pause or demand a breather like I did on September 18th, but he smiled and said, "I'll do more than that Arch."

He got to turn the tables on me twice! I was not pleased about that because I love being in control, but today I learned that sometimes letting go is the best way of taking in.​

--
Do not let anyone define you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!