Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reading Challenge, Church Things, Dress Things and others.

I have had One Direction's "Steal My Girl" playing in my head this whole week, it's like my go-to jam now! (And probably my ringtone)

Way to start a post, uh?
Well, I never said I would follow a pattern but now that we are talking, how was your weekend? Looking forward to another great start?
My favorite day of the week is coming up tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting back on the road and seeing different places.
 Something happened today in church.
I signed up for the Teens Ministry! (Freaking awesome, ain't it? Seriously, what was I thinking? But, on the other hand...now I have lots to research on and focus on).
I attended the youth meeting while Mom caught up with her friends and was hugged by this guy, while everyone laughed and I will admit, I am not a hugger.
You know, I prefer a wave, hand shake or just a slight nod of the head- but hugs...that's too close for comfort and are reserved for friends. I do not subscribe to both shoulders hug too. Just one hug, one side is cool- and maybe you step back and allow me to soak in your presence.

The plus side was that I wore a dress and wedges to church today. Let's just say, that I woke up with my eyes closed :-)

And while we are at it- I have been going through my 2015 Reading challenge and hoping to read more inspiring books as God wills my time here.

I am currently reading "The Executioner's Song" by Norman Mailer.
My list has got quite some range to here, half of it is:
  • A book with more than 500 pages
  • A classic romance
  • A book that became a movie
  • A book published in 2015
  • A Pulitzer prize winning book
  • A book that scares me
  • A memoir
  • A book I can finish in a day
  • A trilogy
  • A book with bad reviews (PS: I have read the 50 Shades of Grey, plus I think it is also a trilogy eh...I'll tell you about that some day)
  • A book with a color in the title e.g. Little Red Riding Hood
  • A play
  • A book I started by never finished
  • An Orange prize winning book
  • A Booker Prize winner
  • Book by a female author
  • A co-authored book
  • Book by a male author
  • Mystery or thriller
  • Book written by someone under 30 years old
  • A picture book
  • Book set in a country I have always wanted to visit.

I have read 6 of the 180 books I hope to read this year, and now that I have mentioned "50 Shades of Grey" I cannot help but have the itch to share my thoughts on the trilogy, it's like a palm twitch...

Until then, have a great week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!